Cheese Stuffed Corn Cakes
Arepas are without a doubt one my most loved Colombian dishes and
these stuffed arepas with mozzarella cheddar or Arepas Rellenas de Queso
are totally flavorful.
- 2 c corn meal - pre cooked
- 2 c hot water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp divided soft butter,
- 12 slices cheese
- In a medium dish blend the masarepa, water, salt and margarine. Ply with your hands for around 3 minutes saturating your hands with water as you work.
- Structure 6 little balls with the mixture. Place every ball between 2 plastic sacks or material paper and with a level pot spread straighten to around 1/3 inch. The arepas ought to speak the truth 5" in distance across.
- Add the spread to a nonstick container over medium warmth. Place the arepas in the container, and cook around 3 minutes on every side, until an outside structures or until they are brilliant chestnut.
- Split the arepas utilizing a blade as you would do with an English biscuit and stuff mind 2 cuts of mozzarella cheddar.
- Place the stuffed arepas back on the skillet over medium high warmth and cook 2 minutes on every side or until the cheddar is softened and serve instantly.